Irish Cooking by Ruth Bauder Kershner, Weathervane Books, 1979, hardcover, 8.5 X 11, 64pp incl index.
Over 80 authentic Irish recipes are presented in this easy to read book. Chapters are organized by course:
• Soups and Starters - like cottage broth, hough soup, balnamoon skink, cock-a-leekie soup
• Fish and Egg Dishes - incl Creamed Haddock, Cocklety Pie, Egg Collops
• Meat, Poultry, and Game - such as Beef'n'Beer Stew, Roast Leg of Lamb, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Shepherd's Pie, Slumgullion
• Vegetables - with Bubble and Squeak, Champ, Colcannon, Dunmurry Rice
• Breads, Cakes, and Desserts - with Soda Bread, Boxty, Barmbrack, Simnel Cake, Tipsy Parson, Chocolate Potato Cake
...and many more traditional, hearty dishes of the Emerald Isle.